Service & Support Engineer - Machine Tool Metrology Solutions
As a Service Engineer you will be responsible for performing the installation/configuration of all machine tool software products at the customer’s machine and providing technical support for such activities. In addition, the Service Engineer will help ensure the quality of software products by reporting any issues not performing as it should and assist the Support & Services Manager, Product owner and others with software QA activities and testing. This is a great opportunity to advance your career. We offer a lucrative compensation package and benefits!
· Software installations: Responsible for the install of software products (Controller Macros & Application Software on customer machine tool controls and computers. Responsible for delivering effective training to other personnel on these same duties.
· Sales Support: Provide product demonstration of hardware and software products to prospective customers. Effectively communicate benefits of our products for machine tool metrology applications. Assist regional sales team and provide product recommendations for customers’ applications. Foster participation and relationships with our customers through effective interaction.
· Responsible for participation in continuous improvement projects that positively affect safety, quality and/or productivity or other process improvements as requested
· Supports organizational policies related to safety, environmental protection, housekeeping, etc. with area of responsibility.
· Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities that positively affect safety, the environment, quality, reliability and productivity or improve the overall suitability and effectiveness of the management system, its processes and products.
Successful candidates will have good mathematical and geometry ability and a degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics or equivalent experience. Must have a high-level knowledge of networking and M and G codes for machine tool programming. A fundamental knowledge of metrology concepts such as probe calibrations, rotary table calibration and feature measurement is required.
We are seeking a highly motivated engineer with excellent problem solving skills, along with careful attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a team and organize work activities to meet project deadlines, and a strong desire to continue learning.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline, Mathematics, or equivalent combination of education and work experience is required. Prior experience with machine tool controllers is required: Fanuc, Siemens, Mazak, Okuma, Haas or Heidenhain. 5 years experience in Manufacturing Engineering, NC Programming or similar environment required. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency with MS Office products is required. Up to 70% travel both domestic and international may be required.
** Prior CNC control experience is required: Fanuc, Siemens, Mazak, Okuma, Haas or Heidenhain.
We would love to hear from you
Applicants should send their resume to Dawn House, email@example.com.