Software Engineers - Reading UK
Hexagon’s Production Software business is a world leader in CAD / CAM software development. The group develops a wide range of products that can be used in various industrial sectors such as automotive, aerospace, electronics and in the medical field. Some of the world-renowned brands developed by Production Software include ALPHACAM, EDGECAM, RADAN, VISI, WORKNC and WORKXPLORE. Direct offices in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, USA, Brazil, Netherlands, Japan, China, South Korea, Spain and India supplying products to more than 45 countries through its wholly owned subsidiaries and reseller network.
Production Software is part of Hexagon (Nordic exchange: HEXA B), a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
• You will be highly motivated with excellent problem-solving skills and careful attention to detail, along with the ability to work as part of a team and to organize work activities to meet project deadlines.
• Successful candidates will have a good background in engineering/scientific/graphics software with a relevant degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Manufacturing, Games Development or equivalent experience.
• Several years‘ object-oriented programming experience in C++ or .Net is essential to the role, gained within a commercial environment.
• You can communicate well with an international team in English.
• Knowledge of CNC machining, geometric algorithms, 3D graphics, Microsoft Visual Studio, Scrum and JIRA would all be of interest.
The main focus is to develop software for our products to agreed plans and specifications.
A Software Engineer holds responsibility for the design, development and maintenance of one or more areas of the products, providing technical information on these to the overall project and roadmap processes as well as support for other software engineers in their team.
We would love to hear from you
To apply, please email a covering letter, giving details of your current salary package, together with your CV to email@example.com