Senior Software Engineer - Gloucester UK
The Production Software business of Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence develops a wide range of software for the manufacturing industry. Our software and services help streamline the manufacturing processes of businesses in the tooling,production engineering, sheet metal, metal fabrication, stone and woodworking industries. Hexagon products are integral to the success of thousands of companies worldwide, from small to large and across every aspect of the manufacturing spectrum.
As part of an international team of development staff in Europe and the Americas, your responsibilities cover the whole realm of software development of first-class manufacturing and measurement solutions. Working in an Agile Scrum environment, you will be expected to be an active team member of the cross functional team developing our sophisticated software components for CAM.
• You will be highly motivated with excellent problem-solving skills and careful attention to detail, along with the ability to work as part of a team and to organize work activities to meet project deadlines.
• Successful candidates will have a good background in engineering/scientific software with a relevant degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent experience.
• Several years’ object-oriented programming experience in C++ is essential to the role, gained within a commercial environment.
• You will be particularly interested in understanding and efficiently solving complex geometric problems such as 3 axis and 5 axis milling, related
to CAD / CAM software.
• You can communicate well with an international team in English.
• Knowledge of CNC machining technology, 3D graphics, Microsoft Visual Studio, Scrum and JIRA would all be of interest.
We would love to hear from you
To apply, please email a covering letter, giving details of your current package, together with your cv to Nick.Miles@Hexagon.com