Metrology – Senior Application Engineer – Gloucester, UK
As a world leader in CAD CAM, Vero develops and distributes software for aiding the design and manufacturing processes. By utilising the Hexagon group's metrology solutions that integrate sensors and domain knowledge, Vero can drive productivity and quality across the range of our customers’ industries.
The main focus is to ensure that the product direction for several areas of the product, as set by the Product Manager, is carried out throughout the development organization. The Senior AE holds responsibility for ensuring that the product areas for which they are responsible, are delivered in a timely manner and of the highest achievable quality.Responsibilities:
• To provide expert technical input, from a user perspective, for their product areas.
• To provide technical feedback on their areas of the software to Support, Documentation and Sales teams.
• To master all core product areas.
• To help the Product Manager guide the product as it progresses through the development process.
• To be the quality representative for the product areas for which they hold responsibility.
• To aid the Product Manager in producing and maintaining detailed development Product Roadmaps for products and components.
• To groom the product backlog as prioritized by the Product Roadmaps.
• To provide and present technical content in reviews and forums.
• To mentor junior Application Engineers.
• To deputise for the Product Manager as necessary.
• To track product performance data and provide measurable Key Performance Indicators for their teams(s).
• To align product performance data to company standard measurement criteria.
• To maintain customer and commercial focus in understanding their product areas.
• To maintain high levels of quality and reliability.
• To foster positive working relationships with team members.
• To contribute to the team, providing help and support to other team members.
• To collaborate effectively with other development groups and remote teams as required
Successful candidates will have a good background in using CAD/CAM, engineering or scientific software with a relevant apprenticeship or degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or equivalent experience. 4+ years’ experience with software interfacing to machine tool, instrument or other hardware controllers is essential to the role, gained within a commercial environment. Skills in one or more of; Probing, machine controls, DNC, PLCs, control interfaces, CNC controller formats would be of interest, as would product support, specification and/or testing experience in a Scrum environment.
We would love to hear from you
To apply, please email a covering letter, giving details of your current salary package, together with your cv to email@example.com